I am currently an Associate Professor of applied mathematics with the Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics, College of Arts and Sciences, Qatar University, Qatar.
I obtained my Ph.D. in the field of systems and control in 2013 from the University of New South Wales at the Australian Defense Force Academy, Canberra, Australia.
I also hold a bachelor's degree in applied mathematics and a master's degree in applied mathematics and quantum physics.
My research focuses on understanding, modeling, and analyzing large-scale dynamical systems to provide a rigorous framework for control system design and optimization tools for real-world applications.
Currently, my interests span to AI, man-machine systems, as well as robotics and intelligent systems, where dynamical systems and control theoretic tools can be leveraged to develop new analysis tools.
I also have a strong interest in game theoretic learning and evolutionary dynamics.
- May 2023: I am happy to announce that our research project “Transformer‐based deep learning for rapid stroke diagnosis” gor funded by Qatar-Japan Research Collaboration Program (QJRC, Cycle 2) [2023-2024].
- August 2022: I am happy to announce that I have joined Qatar University as an associate professor of applied mathematics.
- September 2021: I am happy to announce that I am promoted as an associate professor of applied mathematics with the school of engineering, Australian College of Kuwait.
- July 2021: Our paper, "Controller synthesis for negative imaginary systems using nonlinear optimization and H∞ performance measure", got published in the International Journal of Control.
- December 2020: My paper "Passivity Analysis of Replicator Dynamics and its Variations" has been accepted for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control.
- Augest 2020: Our proposal "Comprehensive Modeling and Prototyping of the Kuwaiti Water - Distribution System" got approved for funding from the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS).
- March 2020: Our paper "Human models in human-in-the-loop control systems" was published in the Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems
- 15-December -2018: Travailing to Miami Beach, FL, USA, to attend the 57th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control
- 15-July-2018: Our paper “Extending Negative Imaginary Systems Theory to
Nonlinear Systems” got accepted for presentation in 2018 IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), to be held in Fontainebleau, Miami Beach, FL, USA on Dec. 17-19, 2018.
- 15-July-2018: Our paper “Negative Imaginary $$H_2$$ Controller Synthesis
Using Nonlinear Optimization” got accepted for presentation in 2018 IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), to be held in Fontainebleau, Miami Beach, FL, USA on Dec. 17-19, 2018.
- 04-July-2018: Traveling to University of Manchester, UK, for a faculty talk on robotics and man-machine systems.
- 02-March-2018: Our proposal ” Structural Retrofitting with Post-Tensioned Cables Using Actively Controlled Mechanical Devices” got funded from the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Science(KFAS).
- 02-Oct-2017: Appointed as an assistant professor at the Faculty of Engineering at the Australian College of Kuwait
- 15-May-2017: Traveling to TUDelft for a faculty talk on man-machine systems
- 18- March-2017: Won the bronze medal in the second challenge in Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotics Challenge (MBZIRC).
- 11-March-2017: Traveling to Abu Dhabi to participate in Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotics Challenge (MBZIRC).
- 23-February-2017: Our paper “Lyapunov-based Stability of Feedback Interconnections of Negative Imaginary Systems” got accepted for presentation at the 20th IFAC World Congress to be held in Toulouse, France, 9-14 July 2017.
- 13 -January -2017: Our paper “Ultra-wide frequency response measurement of an optical system with a DC photo-detector” is to appear on the journal of Optics Express.
- 10-December-2016: Traveling to Las Vegas, NV, USA to present our paper at the 55th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, December 12-14, 2016.
- 24-July-2016: Our paper “Passivity Analysis of Higher Order Evolutionary Dynamics and Population Games” got accepted for presentation and publication in the proceedings of, the 55th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, to be held at ARIA Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, USA, on December 12-14, 2016.