I am an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Engineering at the Australian College of Kuwait. I obtained my Ph.D. in the field of systems and control in 2013 from the University of New South Wales at the Australian Defence Force Academy, Canberra, Australia. I also hold a bachelor’s degree in applied mathematics and a master’s degree in applied mathematics/quantum physics.
My research focuses on understanding, modeling, and analyzing large-scale dynamical systems to provide a rigorous framework for control system design and optimization tools for real-world applications. Currently, my interests span to man-machine systems, as well as robotics and intelligent systems, where dynamical systems and control theoretic tools can be leveraged to develop new analysis tools. In the context of human-machine systems, the goal is to develop and understand the attributes and the limitation of the human operator, build a realistic application-based model for human behavior, and Integrate the human models into a formal control synthesis methodology.
- 15-December -2018: Travailing to Miami Beach, FL, USA, to attend the 57th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control
- 15-July-2018: Our paper “Extending Negative Imaginary Systems Theory to
Nonlinear Systems” got accepted for presentation in 2018 IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), to be held in Fontainebleau, Miami Beach, FL, USA on Dec. 17-19, 2018.
- 15-July-2018: Our paper “Negative Imaginary $H_2$ Controller Synthesis
Using Nonlinear Optimization” got accepted for presentation in 2018 IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), to be held in Fontainebleau, Miami Beach, FL, USA on Dec. 17-19, 2018.
- 04-July-2018: Traveling to University of Manchester, UK, for a faculty talk on robotics and man-machine systems.
- 02-March-2018: Our proposal ” Structural Retrofitting with Post-Tensioned Cables Using Actively Controlled Mechanical Devices” got funded from the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Science(KFAS).
- 02-Oct-2017: Appointed as an assistant professor at the Faculty of Engineering at the Australian College of Kuwait
- 15-May-2017: Traveling to TUDelft for a faculty talk on man-machine systems
- 18- March-2017: Won the bronze medal in the second challenge in Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotics Challenge (MBZIRC).
- 11-March-2017: Traveling to Abu Dhabi to participate in Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotics Challenge (MBZIRC).
- 23-February-2017: Our paper “Lyapunov-based Stability of Feedback Interconnections of Negative Imaginary Systems” got accepted for presentation at the 20th IFAC World Congress to be held in Toulouse, France, 9-14 July 2017.
- 13 -January -2017: Our paper “Ultra-wide frequency response measurement of an optical system with a DC photo-detector” is to appear on the journal of Optics Express.
- 10-December-2016: Traveling to Las Vegas, NV, USA to present our paper at the 55th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, December 12-14, 2016.
- 24-July-2016: Our paper “Passivity Analysis of Higher Order Evolutionary Dynamics and Population Games” got accepted for presentation and publication in the proceedings of, the 55th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, to be held at ARIA Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, USA, on December 12-14, 2016.