I an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Engineering at the Australian College of Kuwait. I obtained my Ph.D. in the field of systems and control in 2013 from the University of New South Wales at Australian Defence Force Academy, Canberra, Australia. I also hold a bachelor degree in applied mathematics and master degree in quantum physics.
My research focuses on understanding, modeling, and analyzing large-scale dynamical systems to provide a rigorous framework for control system design and optimization tools for real world applications. Currently, my interests span to man-machine systems, as well as robotics and intelligent systems, where dynamical systems and control theoretic tools can be leveraged to develop new analysis tools. In the context of human-machine systems, the goal is to develop and understand the attributes and the limitation of the human operator, build a realistic application-based model for the human behavior, and Integrate the human models into a formal control synthesis methodology.
- 02-Oct-2017: Appointed as an assistant professor at the Faculty of Engineering at the Australian College of Kuwait
- 15-May-2017: Traveling to TUDelft for a faculty talk on man-machine systems
- 18- March-2017: Won the bronze medal in the second challenge in Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotics Challenge (MBZIRC).
- 11-March-2017: Traveling to Abu Dhabi to participate in Mohamed Bin Zayed International Robotics Challenge (MBZIRC).
- 23-February-2017: Our paper “Lyapunov-based Stability of Feedback Interconnections of Negative Imaginary Systems” got accepted for presentation at the 20th IFAC World Congress to be held in Toulouse, France, 9-14 July 2017.
- 13 -January -2017: Our paper “Ultra-wide frequency response measurement of an optical system with a DC photo-detector” is to appear on the journal of Optics Express.
- 10-December-2016: Traveling to Las Vegas, NV, USA to present our paper at the 55th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, December 12-14, 2016.
- 24-July-2016: Our paper “Passivity Analysis of Higher Order Evolutionary Dynamics and Population Games” got accepted for presentation and publication in the proceedings of, the 55th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, to be held at ARIA Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, USA, on December 12-14, 2016.